Monday, August 28, 2006

Free ($$) Time

It's probably a good thing that I work 80 hours a week because frankly, right now my free time generates more stress and anxiety than when I'm at work. Of course, that's not to say that I don't cry almost weekly or throw silent mini temper tantrums at least daily at work.

I need to find:
1. thing to do that aren't eating out, drinking, or spending $$
2. friends with whom to do these things
3. energy to actually leave my apartment

What'd I'd really like to do is go sit in a cafe with a few friends or a book or take a nice long walk in central park. But then I think about how I can make tea in my apartment for free instead of the $4 that all the cafes in NYC seem to charge or how it's always too dark by the time I'm free. Uggghhhh.

I worry about this as sort of a lifelong dilemma but I'm hoping that actually having more free time and a real salary will make this easier at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home