Monday, September 11, 2006

Wandering

It was a gorgeous sunny day here in New York City today. I had the day off, so I decided I should spend at least some of it outside... First I walked down to the Strand Bookstore in Union Square. Only took about 40 mins to walk there so I'm considering walking to Trader Joes when I get groceries in the future (if time permits). Anyhow, I wandered around the Strand for a little bit which reminded me of all the books I already own that I haven't read yet, then I decided to move on. Left the store and just started walking down Broadway. Eventually I ended up down at the World Trade Center-Ground Zero area. There was a moderately increased police presence and a big mixture of war protestors, Muslim and Arab awareness speakers, and a few other miscellaneous activist type people. One thing I did note in particular: Century 21 was doing some mad good business today.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, September 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

telling it like it is made this hauntingly beautiful. thank you for, briefly, taking us there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home