Monday, January 24, 2005

Everyone's Favorite Cardiac Disturbance

I get really excited about "things." When excited, I've been known to spastically move my hands around in a manner resembling a veterinary cardiologist depicting atrial fibrillation. (We call it Anne-fib). I think what happens is that I'm so worked up about whatever fantastically interesting thing I've just read/learned/heard that there's just too much energy in my body and it needs an outlet. It doesn't matter if I've only slept 3 hours or just taken a test or haven't left my home in 4 days, the Anne-fib is not situation dependent, it's just a part of who I am. I so desperately want people to understand how cool/interesting/exciting whatever I'm describing is that I have to translate some of my excitement into physical motion. Maybe that makes me weird. I think it makes me "unique."

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, January 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The amazing thing about Anne-fib is that it actually WORKS!! When any normal (sane?) individual tells their friends about something dorky that they are excited about, they get a yawn and a vague look. When Anne starts talking about something dorky with her fingers a-flyin', it's like being sucked into a vortex of energy.....god only knows when you'll get spit back out, but you can't help but enjoy the ride.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home