Saturday, January 14, 2006

Talent Scouting

Sometimes I'm amazed by people's talent. While I think there are plenty of things that I do well, I'm not sure there's anything that I'm amazingly good at. I think my talent-envy is mostly confined to artistically oriented persons. I'm jealous of their creativity. And of their ability to see those creative energies realized. These are some of my favorites, wonderfully shareable thanks to the internet (as if I needed to extol the virtues of the internet any further).

Example 1: Zoe Keating

Zoe Keating - Sun Will Set
This piece of "layered cello" is alluring and calming. And even more impressive live. A single cello and digital looping device with foot pedals.


Example 2: John Irving

"When he needed to hold her hand, his fingers could see in the dark."
An exquisite sentence.


Example 3: Eva Solo

The teamaker.
Beauty in design.


Example 4: Chromasia

"there's nothing on"
"motion blur"
Consistently appealing and exceptional photography.

2 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, January 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zoe was definitely awesome live! I listened to her cd all day today. It creates the absolute perfect mood for my room :)

Erin

 
At 2:00 PM, January 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Anne! I'm not sure if you've heard of the five dhyani (meditation) buddhas, but the green one is meditated on to transmute envy into all-accomplishing energy. Shivani

 

Post a Comment

<< Home