Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Look Alikes and Think Alikes

Went to see I Was Tom Cruise on Monday evening. Funny little play about an average Joe who meets Tom Cruise and things get crazy. The play itself was decent, but really it was the spot-on Tom Cruise portrayal that made the show. I mean, the hair, the mannerisms, the voice - the actor totally nailed it. Katie, er... Kate, Holmes' impersonator wasn't half bad either.

On Tuesday I finished the fluff fiction that's been keeping me company for the past week. While the first half of the book was entertaining, it was in reading the latter half that discovered passages that might as well have been a page from my diary. Having read it, and lived it, I can't imagine any reality in which the author herself didn't experience those same feelings. I can't fathom that the words could be so genuine without having actually been real to her. I'm intrigued that a person who thought those thoughts became a person who could write them down and share them with everyone.

Now the real question is... what color should I paint my finger and toenails for my friend's wedding on Saturday?

1 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, September 21, 2006, Blogger Dana said...

I read Prep about a year ago and was similarly enthralled by it. Part of it was that I had just left the whole boarding school environment but a bigger part was that it was so universally true to the high school experience.

See you Saturday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home