Sunday, March 04, 2007

Match Day Match Play

Tomorrow is "match day" for residencies... but I didn't apply. While I don't wish that I were heading immediately into two or three more years of long hours for no pay, I wouldn't mind having someone else decide where and what I'm going to do at the end of this internship.

Dealing with employers makes me uneasy. They either want a commitment now, months in advance, or they can't even tell me what jobs they'll have open in July. It seems like it would be all too easy to time it wrong, put too many eggs in too few baskets, and end up with no job at all. Though I suppose that vacation by default would be fine (for a little while).

I do want to take some tennis lessons this summer.

2 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Once you accept that jobs aren't permanent, committing very far in advance isn't that scary. I committed to my job in a town where I didn't know anyone 8 months in advance of when I actually started. I figured that if I hated it, I could quit and move.

 
At 1:11 AM, March 07, 2007, Blogger Dr. Claw said...

The idea of doing an internship is about as appealing as swallowing a glass full of thumbtacks. I do not not know you did it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home