Thursday, February 10, 2005

An Assortment of Thoughts

I left my garage door opener in my car.... at the autobody shop in Worcester. It irks me to have to push the "Park" button on the Prius, hop out, punch in my garage door code and then drive in. Tomorrow I may have to venture into Worcester to retrieve it.

All of my maps are also in the car. Luckily, Google has a new mapping tool which is pretty cool. Not that I'm going anywhere new in the next few weeks.

Also, I decided that I should give up something else for Lent since the premium gasoline isn't really such a sacrifice. (Lent does have something to do with sacrifice, right? My Sunday school learnings have long since been deleted from the files of my memory). It's sort of interesting that Lent falls just around the time when people are starting to lapse on those fantastic New Year's resolutions. Maybe it's our Lenten sacrifices that push us over the edge so that we end up giving up not only on our newer promises but also our month old resolutions. My New Year's resolutions have really just given me shin splints and plantar fasciitis, so maybe I should give them up for Lent. Again, not really a sacrifice, that would be more of a welcome blessing.

I think I'll give up my afternoon coffee habit. I don't really like coffee, and I pretty much never drank it until this January when around 2 or 3 o'clock in the afternoon having a coffee somehow seemed to make class more tolerable. I'm really more of a tea person anyway. So while it's not much of a sacrifice, it's good for me to give up this random inexplicable coffee behavior before it becomes an established habit.

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, February 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tea has it all over coffee. I give up red meat every year. A popular one is giving up drinking except I don't know anyone who's succeded.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home