Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I'm Giving Up Premium Gasoline for Lent

I guess I must have built up a enormous amount of karmic debt by driving a premium gas guzzling SUV for the last 4 years because today, after pieces of my car were strewn about the road surface and it had to be towed on a flatbed trailer to an autobody shop, I was given a Toyota Prius (Hybrid) to drive for the next 3 weeks.

Normally I drive about 150-200 miles/week. At 18 miles/gallon, that's 8-11 gallons of gasoline at $2.10 = $21.00, for 3 weeks = $63.00.

For the next three weeks, in my little Toyota Prius I will probably only drive 100-150 miles/week. At 60 miles/gallon that's 2-3 gallons of gasoline at $1.90 = $5, for three weeks = $15.

So I guess I'm actually saving about $48.00, and hopefully repaying some of that karmic debt. It's definitely a new experience to drive a car with "On" and "Park" buttons.

For those of you who are concerned, don't worry - I'm fine. My car is not, but hopefully the guys over at Franchi Bros. will fix it up nice and good. For insurance purposes I'm not going to discuss the accident, but I will say that it wasn't my fault. Booooo. That's the bad karma for ya.

1 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, February 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne!

You are so freakin funny.

I laughed out loud at the title of this posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home