Saturday, January 28, 2006

Bust It, Punky Brewster


Rachael Starr - Till There Was You (Stereofunk Remix)

I have a friend who has a folder of dance music on his computer named "Bust It, Punky Brewster." For some reason, this phrase resonates with me. It whispers in my ear, "Yessss... you do want to put on eurotrashy club dance music and bounce around your room."

I discovered this Rachael Starr remix during a recent trip to Abercrombie and Fitch. I know, I know. I'm getting older and I'm supposed to be appalled at all things A&F (particularly their completely incompetent work-force), but really, their style fits right in with my ever increasing age-behavior quotient. Maybe it's staring that doctor title in the face that makes me want to act like I'm a stupid 18 year old again. Or maybe it's that I don't actually feel much older than I did at 18, save that whole being able to drink legally and rent a car bit.

Tonight I have my senior banquet for veterinary school which I've aptly renamed vet school prom. It really is quite prom-like: fancy dresses, a bad DJ, at a local hotel. Everyone from school goes (students, staff, faculty) and we laugh at the videos each class makes and at how silly everyone looks dressed up. Then people get drunk and dance poorly. I imagine the playlist will be riddled with the type of bad dance music found in the Punky folder. Later this evening, when I'm getting ready, I suspect I'll be bouncing around my room to this remix. I highly recommend that you turn it up and dance around your room as well. Bust it, Punky.

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, January 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, did you fall down, get up and play that Funkie music at the prom?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home