Friday, March 09, 2007

Cats and Dogs

I've never had a pet of my own. My family's had two Golden Retrievers who were, obviously, the best dogs ever. When my roommate told me she had cats a few months before we were due to move in I was skeptical. Cats? They seem so stand-offish. And they can be mean. And they destroy things.

Then I met Chloe and Zoe. Zoe just hides under Sara's bed (and occasionally poops on mine). Chloe, though, is pretty much the best cat ever. She talks, she purrs, she makes this endearing mrmrmrmrmrmrrrr noise. She stands on the back of our kitchen chairs and paws at you to give her food. While she definitely wants her dinner, she not too annoying about it. She loves to be held, never bites or scratches, plays with toys and smells good.

So now, having experienced the fantastic Chloe-monster (as I call her), I'm tempted to get a cat. But then... what if it wasn't like Chloe?

5 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, March 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you've lived with a cat it's pretty hard to live without one.

 
At 5:26 PM, March 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do different cat breeds have known personalities and behaviours the way dog breeds do? That might be a place to start. Mom

 
At 4:25 PM, March 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should remember the "No Pets" aspects of many apartments and condos as well as remember that pets often limit the spontaneous getaways you may be able to take once you are no longer in slave labor.

 
At 2:42 AM, March 13, 2007, Blogger Dr. Claw said...

I couldn't live without my cats. Every one I've had has had a totally different personality. The only way to get to know a cat is by fostering one - local shelters are always looking for people to foster cats! And if you get an adult, you have a better idea of their personality - each of my cats have changed pretty radically compared to when they were kittens.

You're a good person - I'd flip out if someone else's cat pooped on my bed. It was bad enough when Minque had separation anxiety and did it. Thank God I was able to train her so she hasn't done it since.

 
At 12:21 AM, March 15, 2007, Blogger Anne said...

Oh man. I need this dog.

Hands down...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home