Saturday, April 21, 2007

Different

Life is different. That's one thing I can say for certain. It's never been just like this before. Every phase has its own characters. Occasionally there are surprises. A person distracts me. I get excited. I've become more fragile. A tone, a look, the absence of a look... saltiness wells up. It tastes like defeat. Optimism breaks through with the help of music. It says dance, live, love! My mind argues. We, he and us are quiet. Whispers of the past. I try to be loud by myself.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, April 23, 2007, Blogger Saint Devote said...

Anne, one thing I have discovered, is that the most certain thing about life is uncertainty. I realize this sounds trite, but it is true.

I have lived in various countries for periods of time and feel more like person of the world than a specific place. I am an amalgam of!

But I have figured the world - it is life that surprises.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home