Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Oh Those Bottles

I'm a sucker for marketing apparently. Show me a uniquely shaped bottle of bottled water and I will buy the water - despite really believing that bottled water is wasteful.

It started with Fiji. The chunky boxy shape lured me in. It seemed so much cooler than your average Poland Spring or Evian.

Then came the Ethos water at Starbucks - absurdly expensive, but with a nice thick plastic and hemisphere top. And hey - you're saving the world when you buy it.


Around Christmas time I got sucked in by Voss - from Norway! Both glass and plastic cylinders!! Feels sort of like either chemistry lab or your shampoo bottle.

Today I fell victim to Fred. It's narrow and rectangular - almost flask-ish. I swear it seems easier to drink. And look: Fred's got MySpace! (I think Fred is the coolest of my waters so far).

4 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, June 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bottled water is evil. Shame!

(obligatory wp link)

 
At 6:22 AM, June 27, 2007, Blogger Anne said...

Ewww. Seeing it in writing makes it even worse! 6.5 liters of water to MAKE a 1 liter bottle???

I do refill my oddly-shaped bottles for a good month or two before tossing them - okay?

 
At 9:02 PM, June 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah I have the same name as a really expensive bottled water! I love the bottle design! Cant wait for it to make it's way to Boston. I want to drink my own Fred!
Congrats on finishing the internship soon Anne! Hope all is well...drop me a line.
-Fred Nostrant

 
At 6:58 PM, July 12, 2007, Blogger Nobi said...

ABC just ran a segment recently on the impact of bottled water on the environment. I still can't help myself from buying OGO (though, I also refill with tap...).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home