Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I Heart NYC

I didn't know it until recently, but I think I've always wanted to live in New York City. It's like the current of my life has been carrying me towards it, but I, facing backwards, unaware, was staring at the rest of the country, bewildered. Now, it's all I can do to resist the urge to fire up an outboard motor to expedite the journey.

I've lived in eight different states (New York, California, Connecticut, Maryland, Texas, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Colorado) and I've traveled around the country extensively. In each place I've lived I've found something different that resonates but no one place that beckoned. For a while I thought the Pacific Northwest or northern California would be my next destination, but now I've got my little heart set on NYC. Considering some of my biggest passions in life (the New York Times and Bloomingdales) it seems only appropriate.

In all seriousness though, who wouldn't love a city that allows a crazy pair of artists to install thousands of orange gates all over it's most prominent feature? Speaking of which, I would love to go see the Gates, but with finals this week and next, it doesn't seem likely. For now I'll have to settle for poring over my Sunday Times and dreaming about a sweet 40 hour/week job at a Park Avenue veterinary clinic. Bliss...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home