Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Blue Skies


My dad took this photograph on our family vacation to England in 1988. It is so quintessential English countryside it looks like a postcard.

Whenever we were driving around on family vacations I'd occasionally have to roll down my window - not for air or a breeze, just to see the real color of the sky. Soon my parents stopped asking what I was doing. They knew. I just had to see what color it really was - untainted by tinted rental car glass or dusty windows. I mean, check out that brilliant blue color. It's bliss.

2 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, February 26, 2006, Blogger Will said...

I love this photo!
Sadly it's hard to find places that look like that here now. It's all getting so urbanised.

Still, just in case it's for sale by some mad farmer who lives in a barn and doesn't know what house prices or planning laws are, where was the photo taken? You never know when your luck's in.

Great that you're a Jon Hopkins fan too. That guy is a genius. I've composed a tune very influenced by his style. I'm gonna try to get it released sometime.
See ya 4 now

 
At 10:02 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Anne said...

Donnington, UK.

Unfortunately, that only narrows it down to about 8 different locations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home