Monday, September 05, 2005

Help

I wrote the last post because writing this blog helps me think through things, but even as I was writing it I felt guilty. Thinking about my life seems ridiculous in light of the week's events along the Gulf Coast. The situation challenges me. It frustrates me. It reminds me of everything that is wrong with this country. It stirs up a deep discomfort within me. It beats down the idealist. I feel overwhelmed just imagining it. I can't imagine living it.

I gave some money. We all should. Is that enough?

3 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, September 05, 2005, Blogger Anne said...

Oh comment-spam how I despise you.

Word verification on!

Sorry for the extra step.

 
At 4:30 PM, September 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, you could fill a cargo plane with your extra clothes. Give some to the Salvation Army. Might not go to Hurricane Katrina victims, but it will still go to regular people who need help every day.

 
At 11:52 PM, September 15, 2005, Blogger Anne said...

I have been thinking that I could probably part with some of my second closet full of clothing (most of which I haven't worn since our days in Hanover). Not a bad idea...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home