Monday, March 06, 2006

I Heart NYC, Part Two

The match results are in: I'm moving to Manhattan in June!


In retrospect it seems like maybe there were some foretelling hints...
  • Yesterday, I was reading my New York Times in the Dallas airport (on my way to California) and after ogling my way through the Magazine (subject: Manhattan real estate) I called up my mom to tell her that I think she and my father should seriously consider one of the residences at the former Plaza hotel for their retirement. (Not realistically, just in my dream land).

  • Last night I went to bed wearing my I Heart NYC t-shirt and in my semi-lucid, semi-sleep state of nervousness pending today's match results I had a dream about one of the interns I met last summer at the AMC. (The fact that we were in a run down apartment and I was throwing frozen peas at her through a hole in the wall is irrelevant).

Circa 6am I finally gave up sleeping and called my dad who I had trained on the usage of the match website yesterday. He answered the phone and said simply, "New York, New York."

I'll admit I was surprised. It's not really what I was expecting. But excited!??! You bet. The more I think about it, the more I love the idea. Sometimes things happen for a reason and this is one time I'm happy to say that it didn't turn out the way I thought it would.

2 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What will you be doing in NY?

 
At 8:30 AM, March 09, 2006, Blogger RandomThoughts said...

Congrats Anne - That's so exciting - I am sure you will have lots of fun in the city that never sleeps. Remember we are only a train ride away when you want to escape the city for a weekend or more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home