Wednesday, February 23, 2005

T-minus 22 hours and counting...

On the eve of my final exam of veterinary school, I have some thoughts. I’ve sat through over 2250 hours of classes, labs and exams over the last 2.5 years. I’ve taken somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 multiple choice exams. Having made myself a comfortable little home inside the world of multiple choice – coddled by knowing the answer is staring me in the face, I am uncertain about facing open ended questions, the proverbial fill-in-the-blanks of real life. Unfortunately pet owners don’t present themselves with cards that say, “My dog has: a) hypothyroidism, b) Cushings, c) osteosarcoma, d) distemper, or e) dilated cardiomyopathy.” That would be too easy.

But hey – who cares about all that? I’ve got 10 days until any knowledge I’ve gained has to be put to the test in clinics. On Friday night we’re going to party like rockstars at Boston Billiards in Worcester (come join! 9 pm-midnight) and then I’m off like a prom dress for five days of skiing and general hell-raising in Vail, CO and three days of parental QT in Austin, TX. Hopefully I’ll return on March 5th feeling some combination of refreshed, relaxed, and rested - ready to start Part II of my veterinary education. First stop: Ambulatory Clinic, Woodstock, CT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home