Wednesday, March 30, 2005

College Humor

Note: The following entry concerns immature college-type behavior. Parents, be forewarned.

I was at a party in Boston last weekend and after passing a few hours surrounded by people talking about college and playing competitive drinking games I found myself in a taxi headed back to my friends' apartment to spend the night on their futon. This glorious Boston cab just so happened to be equipped with a spectacularly malfunctioning computer to amuse me. "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME," it declared.



I had to laugh. It sounded just like something a drunken college student would encounter. Having just rehashed the college vernacular of "boot and rally" or "a volume boot," this "unmountable boot volume" conjured up some interesting images. Would that be lots of people booting? Or one person with just too much boot? Hmmm. Interesting. Frankly, I never quite understood the appeal of throwing up only to continue drinking more, but then again, I'm not much of a puker. Right. Okay, so that's probably enough discussion of vomit for one blog entry.

In summation: It was a good weekend rounded out with a visit from a friend, yummy food, cool new sneakers, sunny days, a fun party and a champion boat race team.

3 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, March 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOw much QT do I have to spend with you to rate a post on your blog?? At the rate I'm going, I'm going to have to move in with you to get a mention :)

 
At 10:06 PM, March 30, 2005, Blogger Anne said...

Amber, there's no one I'd rather microwave silage with more. (Sorry Tracy!) Really. I LOVE the smell of silage in my house. Even better, corn silage that's been microwaved to the point of total dryness. Maybe you can bring some Prefresh TMR over this weekend and we'll zap the living crap out of it, fire up good old SPARTAN (who doesn't love some QT with a DOS program??), and fiddle around with our ratios. Frankly, I think our problem lies with the NFC... or maybe the ADF? or NDF? Shit, what language am I speaking? Oh wait. Nevermind. We're done with cows!

 
At 11:34 AM, April 06, 2005, Blogger hoon said...

obviously you have not spent enough time with megan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home