Sunday, April 24, 2005

Listen up!



Dopplebanger - Got It Twisted Sister

I was driving my car the other day and the sound of my windshield wipers stuck me as being unusual. Then I realized that this was probably the first time in years that I'd driven a car without listening to any music and thus the fact that I could hear the wipers was the only truly unusual aspect of the sound.

Occasionally I like silence, but 90% of my waking free time I'm listening to something. I think my dad has the same tendencies (and I know it can drive my mom crazy). There's just something unique about how music can stimulate real emotion, work its way into your memories, and simply make you feel good. I feel bad for people who are missing out on it. The troublesome aspects of music being so important to me are (a) it takes time to find great new stuff to listen to and (b) I always have the sneaking suspicion that I'm missing out on the best track ever. What if it's out there and I never find it? Luckily, the internet has served up some truly devoted and knowledgable individuals whose MP3 blogs take a lot of the work out of finding new tracks. If you've managed to get yourself here then you're already savvy enough to check out the MP3 blogs so if you've got the time and the passion, check these out:

Aurgasm
Comfort Music
Fluxblog
Music (for Robots)
Scenestars
Scissorkick
The Tofu Hut

I won't claim to be knowledgable about music or listen to anything that's really cutting edge, I just listen to what I like. How do I know if I like it? No answer to that... I just know.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, April 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, i like that you listed music for robots on your music blog list. done by batesies i'll have you know....
amy

 
At 11:55 AM, April 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for the shout out. i fully intend to post the best track ever as soon as i get through my list of not quite as good tracks. it's taking a lot longer than i thought it would.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home