Tuesday, April 26, 2005

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

In my dream last night, I was dying. Not of anything painful or distressing, but something inevitably (and somewhat imminently) terminal. Rather than being scared or worried though, I was happily disinhibited. I was somewhere warm and tropical with lots of friends that I haven't seen in years and all the people in my life who are just plain cool. We were all generally having a great time and I was able to tell everyone all those things I've been meaning to say or holding off saying for whatever reason.

This dream world was undeniably fun and after I woke up, it got me thinking about how great real life could be if you (a) never had to worry about the future, (b) could always be yourself and (c) could be completely honest with everyone regardless of the potential for embarrassment. I guess maybe that's how Paris Hilton feels. In any case, I hope I get to go back to my dream world again tonight (minus the dying part, of course)... it was a killer party.

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, April 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, post is hysterical -- and well timed, because I thought I was going to die today. I thought I was having a heart attack (turns out it was just an attack of hypocondriasis, and indigestion) I was acutally bemoaning the fact that I no longer have your phone number, because I wanted to call for medical consult (my left arm was numb, and it hurt in my chest to breathe!) It's all better now, but huh, what a coincidence. Ali

 

Post a Comment

<< Home