Sunday, October 02, 2005

Happy as a...


I was thinking today that for whatever reason, I'm really happy with my life right now. I spend a fair amount of time on this blog talking about things I'm worried about or thinking about, and not enough time talking about just how fucking great things are at the same time. So here's a post about how great everything is!

So what am I happy about?

1. It's fall! The air is crisp. The leaves are beginning to turn. Sweaters, pumpkin pie and hot cider are just around the corner. (How can I ever leave New England?)

2. I have really great friends all over this country. People who are doing cool things, people who teach me new things and impress me with their talents, and people who are good genuine friends. (And I continue to meet new people!)

3. I attend a great school. I know, I bitch about vet school. I whine about how I'm not sure it's what I want to do with my life and how the hours are ridiculous, the pay is poop, and it's entirely unglamourous. And yes, that's all true. But the more time I spend at other institutions, the more I realize how fantastic an institution Tufts is. Once you've seen real mismanagement in action, it's much easier to appreciate a well-run, well-designed, well-staffed facility.

4. I've been really lucky in life so far. Not that there haven't been ups and downs, but on a larger scale, I can't complain. I've had everything I've ever needed (and more) and quite simply, my family is the best.

I guess this could all just be a chemical imbalance, but either way, I thought I'd share. If only to reassure my mom who I know reads this blog sometimes, gets concerned and calls up my brother to inquire ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home