Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Flaming Tresses


I have a thing for redheads.

Redheaded women, that is. I don't know what it is exactly... envy, perhaps? Something about that red hair, often accompanied by freckles and a mysterious pale skin that seems to actually tan, captivates me. If I were a guy I would most definitely lust after a redhead.

I met a girl in New York City once who paid $250 every 6 weeks to have her hair dyed red with vegetable dye. Apparently commercial red hair coloring never looks authentic (or so she said). I can't imagine paying that much to do anything to my hair, especially knowing that without the freckles it just would never look right.

Some of the best red hair I've ever seen belongs to internet personality and blogger Stephanie Klein. She discusses her hair at length, but it's really the pictures that get me.

I've never been brave enough to dye my hair. Or, actually once I dyed my hair with temporary hair dye a color that was pretty much exactly my hair color. Needless to say, the results weren't very exciting. Maybe someday when I have an income though...

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Hey Anne! We totally dyed our hair in Denmark, didn't we? At least I think we all did. I'd have to go dig through some pictures to confirm my suspicions.

Glad to run across your blog and see you're finishing up vet school. That must be exciting!

 
At 4:56 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Anne said...

Heather you are correct. It was while we were in Copenhagen that I flirted with the temporary hair dye.

Nice to see you in the blogosphere, as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home