Monday, May 23, 2005

my email, my identity



Iron & Wine - Naked As We Came

I'm moving into a new phase of life. I think I'll call it the looking-beyond-vet school phase. While it's a bit premature, I was encouraged to continue on said path as I watched the class above mine graduate yesterday. The central aspects of preparation for this new phase include jaunts around the country to decide where I want to move, fantasizing about my life in a new city a year from now, shedding personal property to prepare for the move and a general realignment of my priorities (happiness supercedes career aspirations, when appropriate). I spend too much time living in the past because I've made the present miserable in my quest for a happy future. Therefore, I resolve to change this. Onward! upward! funward!

I decided that step one of this phase was a new email address. I've been clinging on to my Dartmouth alumni account as some vestige of better times despite the fact that it can't do HTML and doesn't really work with Windows XP. My Tufts account meets those criteria, but won't exist a year from now and the webmail program is hopelessly flawed. Besides, I don't need to be associated with any academic institution... I need to be stand-alone. My various Yahoo, Townisp, and Hotmail accounts haven't impressed me either. So the winner is: Gmail!

I feel almost like a new person.

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, May 24, 2005, Blogger Paul Irish said...

Heard that track again on this week's Grey's Anatomy.
Great choice by them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home