Tuesday, March 08, 2005

4.15.05. Unbelievable!

I'm a democrat. Well, I'm really not a democrat so much as I am a liberal thinker forced into the democratic party for want of realistic options. I think taxes are important and in my pretend world, the money I pay in taxes is used for worthwhile causes.

I'm not entirely sure our tax code makes any sense though.

I earned a TOTAL of $1800 in 2004. That's less than $5/day and significantly below the poverty line. And yet... I owe $91 in federal taxes. While that's only 5% of my income, it still seems unreasonable that I would have to pay taxes on such a small income. Luckily, $91 isn't going to break the bank and I'll survive to pay more taxes in future years, but it just doesn't seem right.

1 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, March 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That can't be right..I earned like $10,000 and got a refund. Do your taxes online for free, I do mine at H&R Block.

Erin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home