Thursday, October 13, 2005

Guilty Pleasures


Lady Sovereign - 9 to 5

Like my semi-religious attachment to America's Next Top Model and the O.C., I have some popular culture interests that I probably shouldn't publicize. Or more accurately, I shouldn't publicize if I want anyone to think I'm cool.

You know, things like: I own two Spice Girls albums and one Hanson album and don't really find either of them too offensive (in fact, occasionally I actually listen to them). Home Alone is one of my favorite movies. I'm remarkably well-informed on the marital and childbearing status of numerous celebrities. Anyway, you get the point...

So today I heard this song by Lady Sovereign. This is not the type of music I typically like, but man, it's catchy. I don't know if it really qualifies as a guilty pleasure, but I felt a little strange about liking it so much. But hey, it made me smile despite the umpteenth day in a row of gray skies and rain, so that must say something.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, October 14, 2005, Blogger Dana said...

Remember when we went to the mall to see the Spice Girls movie the week it came out? Those were good times. And I'll always be loyal to the Backstreet Boys. Cheesiness abounds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home