Thursday, June 02, 2005

To Like Alikeness?

"I think we could be great friends," she said. "We're a lot alike."

But is that what you want in a friend? Someone who's just like you? It seems to me that it might be more interesting and fun to be friends with people who are different, but with whom you share common interests. Or maybe just the opposite, someone who's like you but has completely different interests.

These days I feel like I have a lot of different interests and not enough people in my life who share them (save my interest in veterinary medicine). Alas, there don't seem to be enough hours in the day or ways to meet new people to remedy this situation. So for now, my poor friends and colleagues will have to endure my rambling on about the new this or that that I've discovered. I guess that's probably what I've always done. Anne-fib in full effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home