Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sidewalk Runway


Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For (Jacques Lu Cont Vocal Remix)

The walk to work could get monotonous. I always go east on 53rd, north 2-3 blocks on on 1st, crossing the avenue when I get the first opportunity. Then I slip east down 56th or 57th (depending on the lights) and cruise up the west side of York where there are a bunch of doormen who smile and nod. I cross over to the east side of York somewhere around 59th or 60th and then cut across the gas station into work.


The walk doesn't get monotonous for me though because I've got excellent musical accompaniment. Based on my recent music preferences, I think I should commission an album from Stuart Price (aka Jacques Lu Cont, Les Rythmes Digitales) - Madonna's Confessions and Daft Punk's Musique have been keeping me at the 10 minute pace. Occasionally, I'll let Sufjan lull me into a 12-13 minute commute. Sometimes when I'm heading home down the gently sloping Sutton Place South (yes, I have a different route home...) I walk it like it's a runway: head up, shoulders straight, long strides, positive energy. Tonight I practically ran home trying to beat this Gwen Stefani track - loving every 80's synthpop moment of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home