Monday, October 31, 2005

A Halloween Message

Dear young trick-or-treater,

We both know why you're here. It's for the candy. Glorious, keep-you-awake-all-night, make-your-parents-crazy, rot-your-teeth and make-you-sick candy. So when I answer the door, why do you look at me like a deer in the headlights? This is the easy part. The part where you say, "Trick or treat!" It's not even like you have to be creative or spontaneous. You can stick with the tried and true. Trust me, I will give you candy. And after I've done that and you've humored me with an explanation of your inscrutable costume, it would be nice if you would say "thank you." Just because it's nice to be polite to strangers, especially your neighbors.

Happy Halloween!
me

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, October 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are very high expectations for the youth of today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home