Friday, December 22, 2006

Got My Hairs Cut

Kari used to talk about getting her hairs (plural) cut in her endearing pseudo-southern vernacular and I guess I adopted this phrase in spite of my early resistance.

A few weeks ago I decided I hated my hair. My hair style that is, not the inherent structure of my hair, although I did spend the better part of my teenage years lamenting the development of the curls. (I mean, really, let's be honest: it would just be easier to have glamorously straight thick hair). My hair can't decide if it's curly or wavy. All it knows is that there must be absurd amounts of it. As anyone who's lived or spent a great deal of time with me knows - my hair ends up everywhere because there's just so much of it.

At any rate, since I also have recently been having bouts of whole-wardrobe-hatred, I decided I needed a less expensive fix than a whole new wardrobe. The solution for me came from Alice Hair Care. I used to subscribe to the $20-25 haircut thinking that hair wasn't worth half a week's pay, but after 1.5 hours at Alice's I emerged a whole new person. I felt glamorous, happy (thrilled!), and inspired to wander the streets of Manhattan with all the other well-hair-styled people. I had to go home and put on new clothes and makeup to match the fabulosity of my hair. Three weeks later I still sometimes can't get over how great it is.

I have a theory of expenses and shopping that everything boils down to price per wear - you wear your hair everyday. I guess I need to make some room in my theory for my hairs.

2 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, December 23, 2006, Blogger RandomThoughts said...

So do we get any pictures of the new you?

 
At 2:48 AM, January 05, 2007, Blogger Dr. Claw said...

I want to see the new hair!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home